1st International Early Childhood Intervention Conference and EURLYAID ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2012
Auditório do Complexo Pedagógico I, Campus de Gualtar - Universidade do Minho, Braga - Portugal, entre quinta-feira, 13-09-2012 e sexta-feira, 14-09-2012
The University of Minho (Institute of Education IE), Braga - Portugal, has the honor to welcome and host the 1st INTERNATIONAL EARLY CHILDHOOD INTERVENTION CONFERENCE and EURLYAID ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2012, organized with the Portuguese National Early Intervention Association (ANIP), in 13th - 14th of September 2012. General Theme: “Families and Early Childhood Intervention: Ecology of Development”.
"Families and Early Childhood Intervention: Ecology of Development"
The conference will explore the theme through keynote speaker's presentations as well as from 6 different symposia that will include paper and poster presentations submitted to the scrutiny of the Conference Scientific Committee.
Symposia programmes will be organized according to papers proposal and acceptance. Topics will include:
Official Language: English
- European/international overviews on policies, research, practices, professional training;
- Learning and development in pre-schoolers;
- Professional Training and Supervision in ECI;
- Child and Family assessment in ECI;
- Innovative ECI programs: philosophy, good practice, research;
- Longitudinal studies;
- Case studies;
- Family involvement in ECI;
- Community involvement;
- Research in ECI.
Auditório do Complexo Pedagógico 1
Campus de Gualtar
University of Minho, BRAGA, Portugal - 1st INTERNATIONAL EARLY CHILDHOOD INTERVENTION CONFERENCE (ANIP - Portuguese National Early Intervention Association) EURLYAID ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2012 13th - 14th of September | BRAGA | Portugal KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
- Michael Guralnick, Director, Center on Human Development and Disability, Professor of Psychology and Pediatrics, University of Washington, USA; Founder and Chair of the International Society of Early intervention.
- Barry Carpenter, National Director for Special Education, UK.
- Manfred Pretis, SINN, Sozial Innovatives Netz, Gratz, Austria; Medical School of Hamburg, Germany.
- Robin McWilliam, Director, Center for Child and Family Research, Siskin Children's Institute, USA.
- Marilyn Espe-Sherwindt, Family Child Learning Center, Ohio, USA.
- Luís Borges, President of the Portuguese National Early Intervention Association (ANIP), Coimbra, Portugal
- Ana Maria Serrano, University of Minho, ANIP and Eurlyaid Board, Braga, Portugal
- Teresa Brandão, Technical University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
- Júlia Serpa Pimentel, ISPA, Lisbon, Portugal
- Paula Santos, University of Aveiro and ANIP Board, Aveiro, Portugal
- Ana Isabel Pinto, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
- Isabel Chaves de Almeida, Instituto Superior de Educação e Ciências, Lisbon, Portugal
- Teresa Nunes Marques, Centro Distrital de Segurança Social de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
- Luís de Miranda Correia, Emeritus Professor, University of Minho, Portugal
- Ana Paula Pereira, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
- Leonor Carvalho, ANIP Vice-President, Coimbra, Portugal
- José Boavida, Coimbra Children's Hospital, Portugal
- Isabel Felgueiras, Instituto Superior de Educação e Ciências, Lisbon, Portugal
- Jean-Jacques Detraux, University of Liège, Belgium
- Barry Carpenter, National Director for Special Education, UK
- Manfred Pretis, SINN, Sozial Innovatives Netz, Gratz, Austria, Medical School of Hamburg, Germany
- Marilyn Espe-Sherwindt, Family Child Learning Center, Ohio, USA
- Pilar Gutiez Cuevas, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
- Monica Ingemarsson, The National Support System for Special Needs Education - Staped, Kristiansand, Norway
- Dirk Mombaerts, De Kangoeroe, Gent, Belgium
- PirosKa Bacso, Gezenguz Foundation for Birth-Injured Children, Hungry
- Ana Paula Loução Martins, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
- Anabela Santos, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
- Ana Paula Aveleira, ANIP, Coimbra, Portugal
- Cristina Miranda, ANIP, Évora, Portugal
- Fernando Raposo, ANIP, Coimbra, Portugal
- Jacques Schlosser, Eurlyaid, Luxemburg
1st INTERNATIONAL EARLY CHILDHOOD INTERVENTION CONFERENCE (ANIP - Portuguese National Early Intervention Association) EURLYAID ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2012 13th - 14th of September | BRAGA | Portugal PRE - PROGRAMME 13TH OF SEPTEMBER
08h:00 - 09h:00 - Registration
09h:00 - 09h:45 - Official Opening, Welcome to participants: Luís Borges
(ANIP, Conference Chair); Karin Mosler
(President, Eurlyaid); António Cunha
(Rector, University of Minho); Leandro de Almeida
(Dean, Institute of Education); José Augusto Pachec
o (Director, Research Center in Education)
09h:45 - 10h:30 - "Systems Approaches to Early Intervention" - Michael Guralnick
10h:30 - 11h:15 - "Children with Complex Needs; these are the children; these are their needs" - Barry Carpenter
11h:15 - 11h:45 - Coffee-Break
11h:45 - 12h:30 - "Ten Family-Level Strategies for Promoting Child and Family Outcomes" - Robin McWilliam
12h:30 - Discussion
13h:00 - Lunch-Break
14h:30 - 17h:00 - SYMPOSIA (1, 2 and 3)
Symposium 1 - Chair - Pilar Gutiez
Symposium 3 - Chair - Monica Ingemarsson
Symposium 2 - Chair - Noor van Loen 14TH OF SEPTEMBER
09h:00 - 10h:00 - POSTER PRESENTATIONS
10h:00 - 10h:30 - Coffee-Break
10h:30 - 13h:00 - SYMPOSIA (4, 5 and 6)
Symposium 5 - Chair - Ana Isabel Pinto
Symposium 6 - Chair - Teresa Brandão
Symposium 4 - Chair - Jean-Jacques Detraux
13h:00 - 14h: 15 - Lunch- Break
14h:15 - 15h:00 - "Family Centredness in ECI" - Manfred Pretis
15h:00 - 15h:45 - "Empowering families: Hard truths or beautiful lies?" - Marilyn Espe-Sherwindt
15h:45 - 16h:45 - Panel Discussion - (Future Perspective in Early Childhood Intervention)
Chair: Isabel Chaves de Almeida - Michael Guralnick, Barry Carpenter, Robin McWilliam, Manfred Pretis, Marilyn Espe-Sherwindt.
16h:45 - Official Closure
- Luís Borges (ANIP); Mariana Ribeiro Pereira (President of the Committee of the National Early Childhood Intervention System (SNIPI) 1st INTERNATIONAL EARLY CHILDHOOD INTERVENTION CONFERENCE (ANIP - Portuguese National Early Intervention Association) EURLYAID ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2012 13th - 14th of September | BRAGA | Portugal Conference fees:
- 50 ¤ - reduced fee for EURLYAID and ANIP members up to 30th of June 2012.
- 60 ¤ - reduced fee for EURLYAID and ANIP members for bookings after 30th June 2012.
- 70 ¤ - for bookings up to 30th June 2012.
- 85 ¤ - for bookings after 30th June 2012.
- 40 ¤ - special reduced fee for students and symposia and poster authors and co-authors.
Fee includes access to all keynotes and symposia, program book with abstracts and coffee.
Participants are allowed to use the Campus cafeterias, and take advantage of student price meals.
How to get to Braga:
Fly to Oporto and then take a transfer bus direct from the airport to Braga or take the underground until Campanhã train station and take a train to Braga (around one hour trip). Call for Papers:
Conference participants are invited to send proposals that correspond to the conference topics. A proposal can be submitted for:
Deadline for abstract submission: 15th of June.
- Individual paper presentation: 30 minutes including discussion (25+5min). Individual papers will be grouped into larger symposia by theme.
- Poster presentation: selected posters will be displayed, and sessions will be set up for conference participants to interact with poster presenters.
Please submit all abstracts and proposals by e-mail sent to email@example.com
When submitting your proposal, please include the following information:
- The title of the presentation.
- The type of presentation (individual paper for a symposium or poster presentation).
- The name/s and institution/s of the presenter and co-author (For multiple authored papers, please indicate which author(s) will be presenting).
- Mailing address and E-mail address.
- A 250-word abstract (addressing each element specified on the submission form, including, the aims of the presentation, theoretical and conceptual framework, methodology, ethical considerations, main findings, and implications for practice and/or policy).
- Audiovisual requirements.
- Up to three keywords.
1st INTERNATIONAL EARLY CHILDHOOD INTERVENTION CONFERENCE (ANIP - Portuguese National Early Intervention Association) EURLYAID ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2012 13th - 14th of September | BRAGA | Portugal Accommodation:
Braga has a wide selection of hotels. We recommend that you book your accommodation as soon as possible, to make sure you get the best prices.
We' ve selected 4 hotels that have special rates for University of Minho and conference participants.
To get the special rate, reservations should be made directly to the hotel with the mention they are participants to the 1st INTERNATIONAL EARLY CHILDHOOD INTERVENTION CONFERENCE
from University of Minho. Prices below include breakfast. Walking distance to the University Campus of Gualtar
Meliá Braga Hotel & SPA (5*):
E-mail for reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: 79 ¤ - Single room | 89 ¤ - Double room
Hotel Lamaçães (3*):
E-mail for reservation: email@example.com
Price: 35 ¤ - Single room | 40 ¤ - Double room City Center (20 minute walk to the Campus of Gualtar)
Bracara Augusta (4*):
E-mail for reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: 49 ¤ - Single room | 59 ¤ - Double room
E-mail for reservation: email@example.com
Price: 30 ¤ - Single room | 40 ¤ - Double room Information about the Conference: www.anip.net http://www.facebook.com/anip.intervencaoprecoce
and conference firstname.lastname@example.org Mais informações
Telefone: +351 239 483288
Fax: +351 239 481309
Universidade do Minho
Instituto de Educação - Campus de Gualtar 4710-057 - Braga - Portugal
Telefone: +351 (253) 60 12 53
Fax: + 351 (253) 60 12 01